How to redeem Amex Card: Gift cards are the most convenient ways to gift money to your friends and family. Giving someone a gift card is like saying, “take this money and buy whatever you like.” With a gift card, the world is your oyster, and it’s always fun to redeem it at your favorite store.
How to redeem Amex Card
However, more often than not, we are given gift cards that we have no use for. Some gift cards are restricted to only the brands that issued them, and these types are closed-loop gift cards. Sephora, Steam, and Apple store gift cards are all types of closed-loop gift cards because they can only be redeemed at Sephora, Steam, and the Apple store. Gift cards like Amex gift cards are open-loop and do not have restrictions.
You can use an Amex gift card anywhere. It can be used as an alternative means of payment at restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, and retail stores in the United States. Amex gift cards cannot be used to withdraw cash at the ATM, but they have denominations of $25, $50, $100, $200, and $500.
Amex gift cards do not expire after five years like other gift cards, and they can be reloaded.
How to buy Amex gift card online
You can buy Amex gift card in any brick and mortar locations that sells gift cards in the United States.
Here’s a short list of well-known retailers that have them available for purchase:
- Office Depot
- Winn Dixie
- Tom Thumb
- Rite Aid
- US Post Offices
To buy Amex gift cards online, Simply go to Amex official website to see all your options for buying Amex gift cards online or you can you can use platforms like Bitrefill to buy Amex gift cards with cryptocurrency.
How to activate Amex gift card
After buying your Amex gift card, the next step is to activate it for use. If you don’t activate your Amex gift card, you will not able to make purchases or sell it for cash. Follow the guide below to activate your Amex gift cards.
- Enter in your 15-digit card number without spaces
- Enter in the Expiration Date
- There is a four-digit security code on the front of the card. Enter in the four-digit security code.
- Optional: Enter in your email address. Your email will be linked to the card, but you’ll also receive promotional content from Amex.
- Perform the Captcha.
- Click ‘sign in’ and you’ll be able to check your gift card balance. Your gift card is now registered and activated.
How to redeem Amex gift card for cryptocurrency in Ghana and Nigeria
In Nigeria and Ghana, you can redeem your Amex gift card for crypto on gift card exchange platforms. There are several gift cards exchange platforms but the best is Astro Africa.
Astro Africa has amazing and unique features that helps you to achieve maximum profits whilst providing peak customer satisfaction.
To sell gift cards for crypto on Astro Africa, here’s a comprehensive guide in three major steps.
- Create an account on the Astro Africa website.
- Log into your account with the email and password you used in creating the account.
- Add a local bank account or BTC wallet by clicking add accounts/momo.
- Click on sell gift cards, and a list of gift cards will be displayed.
- Select the Google play gift card as the gift card you want to sell.
- Select wallet to credit (Which is a bitcoin wallet at this point).
- Select the Google play gift card category.
- Choose the category best suits the gift card you have
- Input the amount of the gift card.
- Upload an image of the card and a note (optional).
- Click on submit on the upper part of your screen. Your BTC wallet will be credited immediately.
Bonus tip: After converting your gift cards to Bitcoin, you might want to convert the Bitcoin to cash after a while. Dart Africa is the best cryptocurrency exchange to sell Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for cash, which is an affiliate platform of Astro Africa.