American Express Gift Cards are also called AMEX Gift Card. Amex gift cards are one of the most popular types of gift cards and they are issued by American Express and are processed on the American Express network. It is a prepaid payment card that has been preloaded with a selected US dollar amount and it is available to individuals all over the world.
Amex gift cards can be used in almost any retail store, gas station, or restaurant in the United States. There are three types of Amex gift cards and they are Amex cash and debit gift cards.
How to activate an America express gift card
To activate an American Express gift card is the same thing as registering your American Express gift card. When you activate your Amex gift card, you become free to purchase items with it and make other payments. To activate your Amex gift card, follow the steps below.
- Visit the American Express gift card web page: Open a browser on your computer, and go to: https://balance.amexgiftcard.com/.
- Input your card information into the boxes on your screen: Type into the respective boxes your gift card’s 15-digit card number, with no spaces between the digits. You will also input the card’s expiration date and 4-digit card-identification code (CID) or PIN. You can find the CID on the front of the card.
- Click on “Sign in” to complete your Amex gift card registration. This will complete your card activation. In some cases, depending on your browser and login location, you may need to click on the “I’m not a robot” box in the Captcha field before clicking “Sign in” and finish the activation. At this point, your card is ready to be used and you can use it in both physical stores and offline stores.
- Alternatively, call the number listed on your card to activate it over the phone: On the back of your card, you will find a toll-free customer care service phone number beginning with 1-800 or 1-888. If you don’t have an internet connection, call this number to activate your card. Listen to the automated menu (wait on the prompt until gift cards and activation are mentioned), and enter the card’s 16-digit number, expiration date, and 4-digit CID when prompted to have your Amex gift card activated.
How to check American Express Gift Card Balance
To check your American Express Gift card balance follow the steps below.
- Go to AmexGiftCard.com
- Select Balance
- Enter the card number and the security code, usually located on the front of the card
- Alternatively, you can call the Amex customer service to request the balance. The number is usually on the back of your card.
How to sell American Express Gift Card in Nigeria and Ghana
Apart from redeeming your Amex gift cards in stores and restaurants, you can also sell it for cash or crypto in Nigeria and Ghana. To sell your Amex gift card, you need an exchange platform like Astro Africa.
Astro Africa is the best gift card exchange platform in Nigeria and Ghana. It is the best because it sells gift cards at the best rates and pays without delay. To sell your Amex gift card in Nigeria and Ghana, follow the steps below.
- If you are a new user, create an account on Astro Africa before proceeding to the next step.
- Log into your account with the email and password you used in creating the account.
- Add a local bank account or Bitcoin wallet by clicking add accounts/momo.
- Click on sell gift cards, and a list of gift cards will be displayed.
- Select Amex gift card as the gift card you want to sell.
- Select wallet to credit (Which is a Nigerian, Ghanaian, or Bitcoin wallet at this point).
- Select the gift card category.
- Choose the category best suits the gift card you have
- Input the amount of the gift card.
- Upload an image of the card and a note (optional).
- Click on the red submit button, and Astro Africa will credit your account immediately.
Bonus tip: Astro Africa has an affiliate platform called Dart Africa, on which you can convert your bitcoin to cash. So, after converting your gift cards to bitcoin, you can convert it to cash on Dart Africa afterwards.