Steam gift cards are distributed by a gaming online-only service called Steam. Even Steam gift cards can only be used online, there are many physical stores across the United States and United Kingdom that sells them. Hence, Steam issues both physical and digital Steam gift cards.
Physical and digital Steam gift cards are different in several ways. Physical Steam cards have a higher exchange rate than the ecode. In terms of delivery, physical Steam gift cards are delivered via mailbox while digital Steam gift cards are delivered via email. Physical cards are sold in amounts of $20, $30, $50, and $100, while digital cards can be worth $5, $10, $25, $50, and $100.
A Steam card, both physical and ecode comes with an activation code. The activation code can be used by the recipient to transfer the Steam card’s value into their account’s digital Steam Wallet. The Wallet balance can can then be used to buy games, downloadable content, and in-game items online from Steam website.
If you send a digital Steam card, the receiver will have the money added to their wallet by accepting the gift. If you’ve received a physical gift card, then you can activate it online by inputting the code.
In this coming festive period which is just few months away, a Steam gift card is a perfect addition to the gifts you intend to disperse especially if the recipients is game-savvy.
How to check your Steam gift card balance
Steam gift cards do not expire, so you can keep them for as long as you want. However, the balance might be reduced due to some deductibles. That is why before presenting your Steam gift card for purchase, you should check the balance. Log in to your Steam account by visiting the Steam website on your mobile devices. Your wallet balance will be listed below your profile name at the top right corner. It is indicated below your profile name.
How to convert UK Steam gift card to cash or crypto
UK Steam gift cards are Steam gift cards issued in the UK. These gift cards are only redeemable in Steam online and physical stores in the UK. Hence, it can’t be used in Nigeria. The best way to redeem your Uk Steam gift cards is to sell them for cash on an Exchange platform.
The best gift card exchange platform in Nigeria is Astro Africa. Astro Africa supports multiple payment options namely, naira, cedis, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, and other cryptocurrencies. UK Steam gift cards have high exchange rates so you can be sure to get your money’s worth on Astro Africa because it sells gift cards at the best rates. On Astro Africa, you will enjoy trading gift cards because of its easy to use user interface, responsive customer service, referral bonuses, rates calculator, and instant payment.
To sell your UK Steam gift cards on Astro Africa, follow the steps below.
- Visit the Astro Africa website or download the app from Google playstore to create an account if you’re a new user. If you are not a new user, jump to the next step.
- After creating an account, log into your account with your email address and password.
- Add a local bank account or Bitcoin wallet to your Astro Africa wallet by clicking on add account/momo.
- Click on sell gift cards to start selling gift cards.
- Select Steam gift cards as the gift card you want to sell.
- Select the wallet you want your funds to be paid into. It could be a Nigerian, Ghanaian, or bitcoin wallet.
- Select UK Steam gift cards as the subcategory of the gift card you have.
- Enter the amount of the gift card.
- Upload a clear picture of the gift card if it’s a physical gift card and screenshot the gift card code if it’s an ecode gift card.
- Click on submit. By clicking submit, you agree to Astro Africa’s terms of trade, and your account will be credited immediately.
Other subcategories of Steam gift cards on Astro Africa are listed below.
USA steam physical 20- 200
USA steam ecode 20- 200
EURO steam physical 20- 200
EURO steam ecode 20- 200
uk steam physical 20- 200
uk steam ecode 20- 200
Canada (CAD) steam physical 20- 200
Canada (CAD) steam ecode 20- 200
New Zealand (NZD) steam physical 20- 200
New Zealand (NZD) ecode 20- 200
Switzerland (CHF) physical 20- 200
Switzerland (CHF) ecode 20- 200
Australia steam (AUD) physical 20- 200
Australia (AUD) ecode 20- 200