In America, Amex (America Express) gift cards are used as an alternative payment method. Amex gift cards are very flexible with diverse uses. It can be used at gas stations, restaurants, retail shops, and other stores that accept them. In Ghana, the case is quite different as Amex gift cards are sold for cash or Bitcoin.
How it works is that you find an exchange platform to which you can sell your gift cards for cash. The platform you find must be able to cater to all your trading needs with peak satisfaction. The best gift card exchange platform in Ghana is Astro Africa, and selling gift cards on the platform is relatively easy as long as you know your way around. In this article, you will learn about all the fantastic features of Astro Africa and how to navigate the platform.
How to become a registered user on Astro Africa
Before you can sell gift cards to Astro Africa, you need to become a registered user. You can sell your gift cards to Astro Africa at the best rates, and get paid immediately on the platform. Follow steps below to get started.
- Visit the Astro Africa website.
- Click on “get the app” to download the app through the website or click on check rates to use the web.
- Click on sign up.
- Fill in the registration form with your name and phone number.
- Input your valid email address.
- Input a strong password.
- If you were referred, ask the referee to send you their referral code so that Astro Africa can reward them. It is through referral bonuses that you can earn on Astro Africa without transacting.
- Click on create account to confirm your registration and move to the next step.
Add a bank account to your Astro Africa wallet
After a successful registration, adding a bank account is the next step. Astro Africa will credit the account instantly after transaction confirmation is done.
- Log into your account on the Astro Africa website.
- On your dashboard, click on “add account/MoMo.”
- Select account type, which could be Nigerian bank accounts, Ghana mobile money, crypto account, or Ghana accounts. Select Ghana accounts.
- Select bank branch.
- Enter your account number.
- Enter your account name.
- Click on save, and your bank account becomes linked to your Astro Africa wallet.
Sell Amex gift cards on Astro Africa for cedis
Astro Africa is easy to navigate. Hence, selling Amex gift cards for cash on the platform is quite easy. Kindly follow the steps below to trade gift cards for cash on Astro Africa.
- Log into your account with the email and password you used in creating the account.
- Click on sell gift cards, and a list of gift cards will be displayed.
- Select Amex gold gift card as the gift card you want to sell.
- Select wallet to credit (Ghanaian wallet).
- Select the Amex gold gift card category.
- Input the amount of the gift card.
- Upload an image of the card and a note (optional).
- Click on submit on the upper part of your screen. By clicking submit, you confirm that you have approved the transaction and are in compliance with Astro Africa rules. Your account will be credited immediately Astro Africa verifies it. However, if you encounter any delay, the customer service representatives are always available to proffer practical solutions.
Withdraw money from your Astro Africa account
The last step involved is withdrawing your proceeds by following the guide.
- Go to your dashboard.
- Click on the grey box that reads “withdraw funds.”
- Select the account to transfer to, which is any of the accounts you have already added.
- Select wallet, which is “Ghana cedis” in this case.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw.
- Enter narration of transaction.
- Enter your transaction pin.
- Click on withdraw, and your local bank account will be credited immediately as long as you have sufficient funds in your Astro Africa wallet.
How to calculate gift rates using Astro Africa rates calculator
Astro Africa has a rates calculator feature embedded in its website to ease gift card rates calculation. To use the Astro Africa rates calculator, follow the instructions below.
- Visit the Astro Africa website.
- Click on check rates.
- Input all the information that is required of you.
- Input the dollar amount of your gift card.
- Immediately, the Ghana cedis equivalent will be displayed underneath your screen.