One of the most innovative advancements in the past decade is the creation of alternative means of payment, like gift cards. With gift cards, the burden of moving around with cash is significantly reduced. Gift cards are preloaded debit cards issued by retail companies to serve as alternative payments.
This means that if a retail company like Google issues out a gift card, the gift card can only be used to purchase Google software from Google Playstore. Google play cards are grouped under a category of gift cards called the closed-loop gift card. Other examples in this category are Amazon, Apple, and iTunes gift cards because they can only be used by the company that issued there.
While there are open-loop gift cards that can be used in any retail outlet that supports them, there are still few or no stores in Ghana that accepts gift cards as alternative means of payment. In this vein, Ghanaians being the proactive people that they are, created an alternative means to utilize their unused gift cards. The alternative allows gift card holders to sell gift cards for cash on their preferred exchange platform.
Hence, if you were gifted a Google play gift card this festive season and have no use for it, you can sell it for quick cash and use it to purchase other items.
This article focuses on Google play gift cards and the best site to exchange them for cash.
What is a Google Play gift card?
Google Play gift cards are prepaid cards issued by Google to purchase games, music, movies, books, and games from Google Playstore. The cards are issued as physical (plastic cards), ecodes (15/16 digit code), and printed vouchers. The cards also only come in $5, $10, $20, $50, $100, $200, and $500 denominations.
How to check your Google play gift cards balance
After receiving or purchasing a Google Play card, it is advisable to check its balance before converting it to cash. To check your Google play card balance, follow the steps below.
1. Visit the Google play store app or website on your mobile device.
2. Click on the menu bar (three horizontal lines) at the upper part of your screen.
3. Click on redeem on the menu.
4. Input your Google play card code in the space provided.
5. Click on redeem again, and your Google play gift card balance will be displayed.
What is the best exchange platform to trade Google Play gift cards in Ghana?
Contrary to popular opinion, there is only one gift card exchange platform in Ghana capable of giving you a well-rounded trading experience, and that platform is Astro Africa.
Astro Africa is not just another platform in the industry that is out to make profits off Ghanaian traders. At Astro Africa, your earnings and overall experience are our utmost concern, and the founders have ensured that through the unique features you’ll find on the platform.
Astro Africa buys gift cards from traders at the highest rates to help them maximize their profits. When you trade Google Play cards on Astro Africa, you don’t have to wait days to be credited like other platforms. On Astro Africa, you sell today and get paid in cedes the same day without delays and deductibles.
Apart from mouth-watering rates, the platform also has responsive customer service available 24/7. The platform is easy to navigate and intuitive, with a well-structured user interface. Other unique features include a Rates calculator, multiple gift card options, multiple payment options (cash and cryptocurrencies), and high-security technology.
How to convert Google play gift cards to cash on Astro Africa
Before you can trade your Google play gift cards for cedes, you must first become a registered user on Astro Africa by following the steps below.
- Visit the Astro Africa website or download the Android app from Google Playstore.
- Click on sign up.
- Fill in the registration form with your first and last name, preferred username, email, and strong password.
- If you were referred, ask the referee to send you their referral code so that Astro Africa can reward them.
- Click on “sign up” to confirm your registration.
Now that you have become a registered user, you can sell your Google play gift cards for cedes.
- Log into your account with the email and password you used in creating the account.
- Click on sell gift cards, and a list of gift cards icons will be displayed.
- Select the Google play gift card as the card you want to sell.
- Select wallet to credit (Ghanian wallet).
- Select the gift card category.
- Input the amount of the gift card.
- Upload an image of the card and a note (optional).
- Click on submit on the upper part of your screen. Your account will be credited immediately the transaction is approved.