Avoid Getting Scammed
Avoid Getting Scammed: Are you a gift card trader in Nigeria disabled by the fear of trading because of scammers? Or have you been a scam victim and now find it hard to trust any exchange platform? This article is for you if you are in any of these categories.
There’s a stigma attached to gift card scam victims that makes them scared to share their experiences. However, we want you to know that it is never the victim’s fault because gift card scammers continuously find new ways to outsmart traders. Unfortunately, The industry’s continuous growth has created several opportunities.
The good news is that you no longer need to be scared of exchanging your gift cards by following the tips listed below. These tips can help you protect your gift card assets and have a well-rounded trading experience.
Do your research
Before using any exchange platform, ensure that you carry out thorough research on the platform. More often than not, scammers create fake trading platforms or fake versions of other popular platforms. The difference is usually seen in the domain names, but other than that, the sites are very similar, and anyone can easily fall victim.
Ensure that any platform you choose has a solid reputation for protecting its customers and their assets. Also, research the founders’ names, the year it was founded, and how the platform is distinct from other platforms.
Too good to be true exchange rates
It is true that everyone is in the industry to make profits, but to what end? One of the most popular methods of gift card scammers is promising their customers ridiculous rates like 100% exchange rates. If the rates seem too good to be true, then it’s a lie. Any exchange platform that promises you free money for trading is also a suspect, and you are advised to tread carefully.
Be wary of social media adverts and influencer endorsements
We have seen how it plays out before. A new gift card exchange app is launched, and there’s a loud social media campaign with several known social media influencers. Now, seeing as the platform campaign is loud with mouthwatering deals and giveaways, several traders would want to patronize such a platform. After the platform has gained the trust of traders, they run away with their assets and disappear into thin air. Never let promises distract you from carrying out your research.
Lack of social media presence
Any reliable gift card platform has a strong and active social media presence. When users have complaints or questions and other communication channels aren’t working, the social media accounts of gift card platforms are the most viable alternatives. It’s not enough to have a social media account; the platform must also actively interact with its users and community online. Conduct a proper social media search on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to check how the platform interacts with its customers. If the platform has no active social media presence, then be wary of it.
See Also: How to sell gift card codes online
The ultimate solution to avoiding scams as a gift card trader in Nigeria
The ultimate solution to solving the issue of gift card trading scams in Nigeria is selling gift cards for cash on reliable exchange platforms like Astro Africa.
Astro Africa is the best gift card exchange platform in Nigeria. The platform was created with the intent of meeting the trading needs of Nigerian gift card traders. At its core, Astro Africa is trustworthy and reliable, and it is evident in our active social media presence and positive reviews from customers.
By incorporating the right features into the Astro Africa website and app, we have provided Nigerian gift card traders with the best trading experience. Some of these features are listed below.
- Easy and seamless navigation of the platform without third-party help.
- Responsive customer service that is available 24/7 for every customer. All gift card traders on Astro Africa are treated with equal care and attention no matter the volume of your transaction.
- Every transaction is swift, and you get paid immediately as long as your transaction is approved.
- Astro Africa sells a variety of gift cards like Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, Apple, Walmart, Steam, eBay gift cards, and lots more.
- A rates calculator feature allows you to calculate the current rates of all your gift cards.
- Astro Africa sells gift cards at the best rates.
- The platform is well-secured and protected from unauthorized third parties with high-security technology.
- The platform allows gift card traders to sell gift cards in Nigerian naira, Ghanian cedes, and cryptocurrencies.
How to sell gift cards on Astro Africa
follow the steps below sell any gift card of your choice on Astro Africa
- Become a registered user by visiting the Astro Africa website or downloading the mobile app.
- Fill in the registration form with the required details and click on sign in to confirm registration.
- Add a local bank by clicking on add account/MoMo
- Proceed to sell your gift cards by clicking on Sell gift cards.
- Fill in the gift cards and click on submit.
- In less than 10 minutes, Astro Africa will credit your account after approving the transaction.