Unless you live under a rock, you must have heard of eBay gift cards because eBay stores are popular. Even if there are no eBay stores in Ghana, you have heard about it on TV. Still, knowing what eBay gift cards are is essential to understanding how to convert them to Ghanaian Cedis .
What are eBay Gift cards?
Every gift card in this world is conveniently named after the retail establishment that created them. This means eBay gift cards are created and distributed by eBay. eBay is one of the largest American multinational e-commerce companies. The company operates in 32 countries as of 2019.
eBay exists as a physical store and online as a website and app, where sellers are charged for uploading a variety of goods and services for sale. On the other hand, buyers can buy whatever they want using a credit card or an eBay gift card.
With eBay, gift cards online and physical shopping are made easy and safer. So, instead of using cash at the point of payment, you can always present your gift cards and save yourself the stress of moving around with money.
There are two types of eBay gift cards, and they are:
- Physical eBay cards: As the name implies, physical eBay gift cards are cards that you can touch and see. These cards can be presented for payment in physical stores and online. On all eBay gift cards, there is a 13-digit numeric code that can be used to make payments online.
- Digital eBay cards: These cards are received via email as a 13-digit code. The code can be used to purchase anything on eBay’s physical and online stores.
How to check your eBay gift card balance online
It is essential to check your eBay gift card balance before using it for payment. To check your eBay gift card balance, follow the steps below.
- Visit the eBay website.
- Sign into your account if you are registered or create an account if you are new.
- Click gift cards in the permanent menu at the top of the screen, and a list of options will roll out.
- Select check your balance.
- Input your 13-digit eBay gift card code and click “Check Balance.”
- Your balance will be displayed immediately.
Restrictions on eBay gift cards
eBay gift cards do not expire, but inactivity fees may be deducted if you don’t use them. An eBay gift card holder cannot redeem more than $1,000 daily. Also, no more than a total of $1,500 in Gift Cards may be redeemed per calendar month.
Uses of eBay gift cards in Ghana
We do not know what the future holds, but for now, there are no eBay stores in Ghana. For this reason, the only way you can spend your eBay gift cards is to convert them to cedes and use the proceeds to purchase whatever you want.
How to convert eBay gift cards to cash in Ghana
You will need a gift card exchange platform to convert your eBay gift cards to cedis . There are several gift card exchange platforms in Ghana, but the trick to successful trading is finding a platform that satisfies your trading needs. The best gift card exchange platform in Ghana is Astro Africa.
Astro Africa is outstanding, and that is why Ghanaian gift card traders have continued to choose it. The features of Astro Africa are what make the platform special. To promote easy and seamless gift card trades in Ghana, Astro Africa has ensured to maintain gift card industry standards through the features listed below.
- Astro Africa is easy to navigate because of its simple and intuitive user interface.
- With Astro Africa, you don’t need to worry about the safety of your assets. The platform uses good security technology to ensure that no unauthorized third party has access to your gift cards.
- Stellar customer service is another feature that you will enjoy. Astro Africa customer service is always available to attend to your needs.
- Astro Africa helps its customers to achieve their trading goals by selling gift cards at the best rates. You can also calculate the current rates of your gift cards with the Astro Africa rates calculator.
- After every transaction, you get paid instantly with delay.
So, if you own a $500 eBay gift card in Ghana, you can convert it to cash by following the steps below.
- Create an account on the Astro Africa website or mobile app using your full name, valid email address, phone number, and password.
- Add an account by clicking add account/momo.
- Click on sell gift cards, and an array of all the gift cards will display.
- Select eBay gift card.
- Fill in the required information about your card.
- Input $500 as the amount of eBay gift card you want to sell, and the corresponding value in cedes will be displayed. Currently on Astro Africa, a $500 eBay gift card is 2,250 and 1,890 cedis for physical and ecode forms, respectively.
- Click on submit, and your account will be credited immediately after verifying the transaction.