Check first bank account balance; Our mobile phones are more powerful than what we’ve known them to be. Mobile technology has advanced from button phones to touch screens, making operations much easier. In Nigeria, many companies, especially banks, use these advancements to demystify banking activities.
Before now, we had to visit bank branches closest to us to get information about our bank accounts, but that’s not the case anymore. Now, with your mobile phone, you can access all the information about your account without stress. With a good internet connection, you can conveniently check your account balance on your phone anytime. This article focuses on the first bank and how you can check your first bank account balance.
About First Bank
First Bank of Nigeria is one of Nigeria’s foremost successful bank and financial services firms. It is the country’s third-biggest bank. The headquarters of First Bank is in Lagos, Nigeria, with an international presence in London, United Kingdom; Paris, France; Johannesburg, South Africa; Beijing, China; Abu Dhabi, UAE; and Kinshasa, DR Congo.
The First Bank Group is a diversified financial institution with subsidiaries in registrar services, trusteeship, capital market operations, mortgage, microfinance banking insurance services, investment banking and asset management, private equity/venture capital, and pension fund custody management.
Over the years, First Bank has become a Fintech institution with their mobile bank app that allows their customers to perform transactions and other bank activities on their mobile phones. With your mobile phone, you can check your first bank account balance and here’s how.
How to check first bank account balance on the phone
Using your mobile phone, there are four major ways to check your first bank account. Once you’ve created a bank account with the first bank, you only need to use either of the processes discussed to check your account balance on your phone.
Use the First Bank mobile app
The first Bank mobile app is intuitive and easy to use. Every first bank account holder is expected to have it installed on their phones.
- Download and install the FirstMobile App from the App Store or Google Play Store on your smartphone.
- Log in to the FirstMobile App using your username and password.
- On the home screen, you will see your account balance displayed. If you don’t see it, tap the “Account Balance” icon on the dashboard.
- Your account balance, including your available and current balances, will be displayed on the next screen.
- You can also view your transaction history by clicking the “Transaction History” button.
Use the first bank USSD code
Follow the steps below to check your account balance using the first bank USSD code.
- Dial *894# using the phone number linked to your First Bank account.
- Type 1 to select quick banking.
- Type 4 to select enquiries services from the menu options.
- Type 1 to select balance enquiries.
- You do not need to enter any PIN. An SMS containing your account balance will be sent in less than 10 seconds.
Use the First bank ATM closest to you
Did you know that you can check your account balance with your ATM card? Yes! You can. Follow the steps below to find out.
- Visit any First Bank ATM nearest to you.
- Insert your ATM card in the slot.
- Input your 4-digit PIN.
- Several options will be displayed on your screen. Select check balance.
- Your account balance will be displayed on the screen.
- You can print a receipt showing your account balance by selecting the “Print” button.
Use the First Bank website
First Bank has website allows its users to check their account balance. Follow the steps below.
- Open your favourite browser and input the first bank’s official website address.
- Log in to your account if you’ve created an account before or if you haven’t.
- Enter your username and password to access your account.
- From your dashboard, click on “Account Overview.”
- Your account balance will be displayed on the next screen.
- You can also view your transaction history, transfer money, and perform other transactions using the internet banking platform.
Bonus Method: Visit the nearest First Bank Branch
You can easily check your first bank account balance by visiting branches closest to you. This was the only way to check the first bank account balance until mobile bank apps were invented. If you want to check your first bank account balance and none of the other methods are working, follow the steps below.
- Locate and visit any First Bank branch nearest to you.
- The working hours for most Nigerian banks are between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Visit the bank within the hours.
- Proceed to the customer service desk or counter and request to check your account balance.
- Provide your account details. In some cases, they might ask for a valid means of identification. Hence, you must go along with either your National ID card, passport, or driver’s license.
- The customer service representative will verify your identity and provide you with your account balance.
Best Digital platform in Nigeria for bill payment
More often than not, our bank apps fail us. Many bank have managed to incorporate payment of utility bill on their platforms but the services are often times not available. To resolve this issue, Astro Africa was created. Astro Africa is Africa’s no 1 digital platform that promotes easy payment for utility bills. The platform is very easy to use and can ideas to purchase power units, recharge DSTV and GoTV, and purchase data and airtime. To get started, create an account on our mobile app via Google Playstore or App Store.